androstyle

Blogging androgynous, queer, LGBT+ and eccentric fashion and more.

This blog is run by literatenonsense with help from the wonderful mvessick. If you want to become a regular contributer, send me a message stating why you'd be good and a couple of examples of what you'd post.

If I reblog a photo of you/one you've taken and you want the tags or credit changed, or the photo removed, just send me an ask and I will do it right away.

Thanks to everyone who follows or submits, I love you all!

Ask // Submit

July 20, 2014 at 7:40pm
43 notes
Reblogged from the-unfeminine-female
the-unfeminine-female:

petite-perdu-fille.tumblr

the-unfeminine-female:

petite-perdu-fille.tumblr

July 16, 2014 at 8:56pm
8 notes
Hello!  I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on how to use makeup to make myself look more androgynous, or just anything else I can do to hide my rampant femininity a little.  Any tips?
- Send in your tips, followers!

Hello!  I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on how to use makeup to make myself look more androgynous, or just anything else I can do to hide my rampant femininity a little.  Any tips?

- Send in your tips, followers!

July 12, 2014 at 12:29pm
22 notes
I think I like my new blazer. :P

I think I like my new blazer. :P

July 11, 2014 at 9:46pm
255 notes
Reblogged from cutebabe

cutebabe:

TRU

(via thefeministkilljoy)

July 8, 2014 at 8:18pm
60 notes
Reblogged from universecloset
universecloset:

(via Six inventive ways to style a classic white shirt gallery - Vogue Australia)

universecloset:

(via Six inventive ways to style a classic white shirt gallery - Vogue Australia)

(via i-dream-of-dapper)

6:17pm
6,886 notes
Reblogged from socialjusticefeline

So tumblr has been circulating a lot of posts about how to correctly measure your bra size but they have all excluded trans women and trans femmes. This wiki page has a whole section on properly measuring your bra size if you're AMAB. →

socialjusticefeline:

Feel free to circulate this if you wish. I figure it’d be useful for some of you.

(via raggedyanndy)

July 7, 2014 at 3:38pm
36 notes
Reblogged from kaleidocolours
kaleidocolours:

No-flash-photography for once ~ I could get used to this yo

I know I’ve prolly reblogged this person before in the past, however, I adore this person’s makeup and fashion picture posts.
—Essick

kaleidocolours:

No-flash-photography for once ~ I could get used to this yo

I know I’ve prolly reblogged this person before in the past, however, I adore this person’s makeup and fashion picture posts.

—Essick

July 5, 2014 at 9:27pm
77 notes

July 2, 2014 at 5:38pm
24,440 notes
Reblogged from joiuu

almanac-of-misc:

joiuu:

Today I was feeling especially shitty about gender binary, and how it’s acceptable to be androgynous only if you’re young, thin and pretty. I hear people talking shit about old “men” who wear makeup and “look ridiculous”, and I feel like they’re talking about me because one day I’ll be old and wrinkly and maybe finally brave enough to wear whatever the fuck I want. So I doodled these to cheer myself up, as a kind of a “fuck you” to assholes and a “love you” to fellow genderqueer people. Let’s grow old together and be awesome. <3

hell yeah hell fucking yeah

(via hamletrash)

June 27, 2014 at 8:23pm
75 notes
Reblogged from qwear
qwear:

I’m thrilled to announce that this July, Qwear is teaming up with fashion design student Eeri (nonbinarymermaid.tumblr.com) to bring a series for people designated male at birth who love femmewear and androgyny. Read more here: Introducing: Femme Faetale

I thought this would be a nice thing to share for our trans femme followers out there.
If you folks have suggestions on who they should spotlight, interview, etc. Please, please, please, be sure to email Eeri and let em know. (Eir email for qwear is in the post above if anyone is interested.)
&#8212;Essick

qwear:

I’m thrilled to announce that this July, Qwear is teaming up with fashion design student Eeri (nonbinarymermaid.tumblr.com) to bring a series for people designated male at birth who love femmewear and androgyny. Read more here: Introducing: Femme Faetale

I thought this would be a nice thing to share for our trans femme followers out there.

If you folks have suggestions on who they should spotlight, interview, etc. Please, please, please, be sure to email Eeri and let em know. (Eir email for qwear is in the post above if anyone is interested.)

—Essick

5:24pm
28 notes
Shalom fellow queers/gender-noncomformist/neo-fashionists! I&#8217;m Ben, Pittsburgh, Jewish, Queer, and I wear dresses and skirts and stuff without shaving, ya know, like a boss. (Also featured in this picture is http://deej-eastcoasthustlin.tumblr.com/) Women fought for the right to wear pants, I&#8217;m fighting for the right not to have to! I have a blog where I post a bunch of stuff that I wear out/try on (and a few other queer related schtuff), feel free to ask me questions, shoot me stories of your progressiveness, anything you like :D
-BenInDresses.tumblr.com

Shalom fellow queers/gender-noncomformist/neo-fashionists! I’m Ben, Pittsburgh, Jewish, Queer, and I wear dresses and skirts and stuff without shaving, ya know, like a boss. (Also featured in this picture is http://deej-eastcoasthustlin.tumblr.com/) Women fought for the right to wear pants, I’m fighting for the right not to have to! I have a blog where I post a bunch of stuff that I wear out/try on (and a few other queer related schtuff), feel free to ask me questions, shoot me stories of your progressiveness, anything you like :D

-BenInDresses.tumblr.com

5:11pm
19 notes
Well, I don&#8217;t know about you but I&#8217;m definitely looking forward to spending summer at AX or in a dungeon. Either way, crop-tops for everyone! 
Early 20s, boy, trans, gay as heck, somewhere between femme and androgynous, fandom freak and just a run of the mill freak, as it happens. Find me on leavethethornson if you wanna! (TW for kink and definitely 18+.) Stay the cutest, queerlings.

Well, I don’t know about you but I’m definitely looking forward to spending summer at AX or in a dungeon. Either way, crop-tops for everyone! 

Early 20s, boy, trans, gay as heck, somewhere between femme and androgynous, fandom freak and just a run of the mill freak, as it happens. Find me on leavethethornson if you wanna! (TW for kink and definitely 18+.) Stay the cutest, queerlings.

June 24, 2014 at 5:36pm
613 notes
Reblogged from wllpwrwithwords

wllpwrwithwords:

powderdoom I made a video showing how I use makeup to amplify masculinity in my face, as an extention of my reply to the ask you posted a few days ago.

(via hamletrash)

June 20, 2014 at 2:09pm
28 notes
I&#8217;m a queer, pansexual, metalhead lady who spends about 75% presenting feminine and the other 25% presenting very andro. Today, I had a horrible day at work, spent an hour crying and another three buried under blankets watching comfort TV, and my pompadour is still on point. Andro victory.

I’m a queer, pansexual, metalhead lady who spends about 75% presenting feminine and the other 25% presenting very andro. Today, I had a horrible day at work, spent an hour crying and another three buried under blankets watching comfort TV, and my pompadour is still on point. Andro victory.Femme Espectra

June 15, 2014 at 4:42am
92 notes
Reblogged from emersonhawthorne

emersonhawthorne:

Hair’s getting long enough to put in a very tiny ponytail.

It’s hard to see, but my eyebrows, lips, and pants are all a dark purple.

~they/them pronouns~